With a professionally experienced and expert team at your service in the underwriting of various risks under the “Motor Insurance, you are assured of a free professional advice when in touch with any of the staff in the department.
Motor Policies issued are subject to the provisions of the Traffic Law No.28/93 and Motor Insurance Law promulgated by Royal Decree No.34/94 and resolution of CMA No. K/8/2008.
Motor vehicles which include private cars, motorised two wheelers and commercial vehicles excluding vehicles running on rails.
Who Can Insure
Owners of the vehicle, Financiers or Lessee, who have insurable interest in a motor vehicle, can take insurance.
You may need to insure your first car or renew your existing car insurance. Whatever you need, we can provide cover at a price you can afford – quickly and simple.
We regularly monitor the Motor insurance market so you can be sure you’re getting the right cover at the right price.
The insurance covers
- Loss of life, injury or other users of the road
- Damage to the property of others
- Repair cost of vehicle damaged during accident.
We offer the three levels/types of cover:
- Comprehensive Coverage
- A’Salamah – Plus
- A’Salamah – Super
- Third Party Liability Only
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage
This is an “All Risks” policy and the Company indemnifies the insured as under:
Section 1 - Against Own Damage
The Company undertakes to indemnify the insured for loss of or damage sustained by the insured vehicle, its accessories and spare parts whilst thereon:
- By accident or accidental collision or overturning consequent upon mechanical breakdown or consequent upon wear and tear.
- By fire, external explosion, self ignition, lightning or thunderbolt.
- By flood, storm, tempest and cyclone.
- By burglary, house breaking or theft.
- By malicious act of any third party.
- Whilst being in transit (including the process of loading and unloading incidental to such transit) by road, rail, inland waterway, lift or elevator, relating to the said transportation.
Section 2 - Against Third Party Liability (Compulsory)
By Law it is mandatory for every vehicle to have Third Party Liability Insurance. The company shall compensate the insured in the event of accident caused by or arising out of the use of the motor vehicle subject to the limits specified in this policy, against all sums which the insured shall become legally liable to pay as compensation for:
- Death or bodily injury to any person including the passengers in the vehicles except the Insured or the driver at the time of the accident and their families spouse, parents and children and the employees of the insured if they are injured during work hours or as a result of their work.
- Damages for materials and property, except those owned by the insured or the driver at the time of the accident or property held in trust or in their custody or control.
- Expenses for treatment of injuries sustained by Third Parties as a result of the accident.
- Cost and expenses of medical institutions as per the rules and limits stated in the policy schedule.
- Cost resulting from the accident for protecting and transporting the vehicle to the nearest repair workshop.
- Amounts ruled by the Court (including compensation, judicial expenses, legal fees).
What is not payable under the policy?
The following are some of the exclusions under the policy for which the Company is not liable to pay in the event of an accident:
- Contractual liability
- War perils, nuclear perils
- Consequential loss, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Damage suffered due to driving the vehicle under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs.
- Claims arising outside the geographical area specified in the policy.
- Claims arising whilst the vehicle is used in contravention of the limitations as to use.
- Claims arising when the vehicle is driven by a person without valid driving licence at the time of accident.
- Loss or damage due to overloading or carrying of passengers in excess of permitted seating capacity.
Premium depends upon various factors viz., type, make, model, cubic capacity, usage, seating capacity, past claims history etc. of the vehicle.
A’Salamah is designed to provide you comprehensive insurance coverage. To balance your preferences for right cover at the right price, we offer two ranges of cover to choose from:
- A’Salamah Plus
- A’Salamah Super
Summary of benefits available under the various policies offered by Vision Insurance:
|S. No||Coverage||TP Only||A'Salamah|
|1||Insurance Against Loss & Damage of Insured Vehicle||X|
|2||Compulsory Insurance — Liability to Third Party|
|3||First Aid Expenses (RO 400)|
|4||Riot, Strikes, Civil Commotion||X||X|
|5||Loss of Car Keys||X||X|
|6||Garage and Valet Parking||X||X|
|7||Depreciation Waiver for Total Loss||X||X|
|8||Depreciation Waiver for Partial Loss||X||X|
|9||Excess Waiver — Windscreen only and Total Loss||X||X|
|10||Personal Accident Addendum||X|
|12||Repairs with Authorised Dealers||X||X|
|13||Accident and Breakdown Recovery||X|
|14||Hire Car Benefit||X|