This Insurance is intended to cover financial loss caused due to the dishonesty/fraudulent acts by the employees during the course of their duties. Despite the best internal control measures in any corporate activity, mishaps like misappropriation and embezzlements by employees do take place.
Fidelity Guarantee Insurance is specially designed to protect employers of such exposures.
Salient Features of this Insurance
Fidelity Guarantee Insurance can be issued to cover specific employees. It can be issued either on named basis or un-named basis.
Scope of Cover
- The policy covers any loss caused due to any act(s) of forgery or embezzlement, larceny and/or fraudulent conversion committed by an employee in the course of their duties.
- This policy also covers Auditor’s fees incurred in a special audit required to substantiate the amount of a claim which is paid under the policy.
Following are the main exclusions under the policy:
- Unexplained shortages of money or goods which cannot be attributed to an employee or employees acting in collusion
- Losses occurring outside the territorial limits
- Losses discovered later than the discovery period noted
- Theft or fraud by an employee subsequent to discovery of actual or suspected theft or fraud
- Loss of interest
- Penalties or fines
- Consequential loss of any kind