Electronic equipments used in various industries and offices are exposed to risks of unforeseen and sudden causes resulting in loss or damage. Such losses may be repairable or sometimes need replacements.
The various types of electronic equipments that can be covered are as follows:
- Micro processors
- Audio-visual equipments
- Telecommunication equipments
- Electro-medical installations
- Material testing and research equipment
- Other office equipments like calculators, duplicating machines, scanning machines.
Scope of Cover
Electronic equipment policy is designed to cover electronic equipments against any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage except those specifically excluded under policy terms.
This policy covers electronic equipments in the form of:
- Section 1: Material damage
- Section 2: External data media
- Section 3: Increased cost of working
This policy applies to the insured items at work or at rest, or being dismantled for the purpose of cleaning, overhauling or being shifted within the premises, or in the course of the aforesaid operations, or during subsequent erection after commissioning.
The sum insured for this insurance should be the replacement cost including freight, duty, cost of erection and other dues If the sum insured is found to be inadequate, our policy will pay in such proportion as the sum actually insured bears to the sum actually should have been insured.
Premium rate is influenced by factors such as values, type, make, model and age of equipment, nature and type of industry where used, experience of the industry, loss history.
The policy coverage excludes the following causes:
- Section 1: Excess specified in policy, wear and tear, existing faults, loss/damage to exchangeable parts and consumables, losses claimable under manufacturers warranty/maintenance agreement.
- Section 2: Excess specified, intrinsic value, consequential loss, programming error — data media.
- Section 3: Excess specified expenses due to restrictions imposed by public authorities, non-availability of funds.